As technology continuously innovates and improves, standard furnaces are being replaced by more energy-efficient furnaces that stabilize the comfort and heat you feel. Furnaces are critical year-round to provide consistent air circulation, whether it is to keep you cool or warm during the changing seasons. Modulating furnaces are innovative in how they consistently heat while reducing temperature fluctuations.
How Do Modulating Furnaces Work?
The way modulating furnaces work is interesting: They combine a modulating gas valve with a variable-speed blower to adjust airflow automatically in small increments. The adjustments are made in 1% increments to ensure that consistent temperature control is delivered all year long. Think of modulating furnaces like turning on the cruise control in your car; your car makes small adjustments to maintain the speed. In a similar way, a modulating furnace provides consistent comfort and efficiency with seasonal changes by adjusting slightly.
Benefits of a Modulating Furnace
There are many benefits that come with innovative improvements in furnaces. With a modulating furnace, the benefits include:
- Reduced Monthly Utility Bills – With the energy efficiency that comes with making small adjustments, the operating cost is lower for a modulating furnace.
- Lessen Noise – Variable-speed fans operate quietly and often without the frequent loud noises that occur when the blower is cycling on.
- Enhanced Filtration – Overall, you will experience fewer allergens, irritants, and pollutants in your home.
- Improved comfort – With a modulating furnace providing steady, even heat, you will be less likely to experience cold spots, inconsistent temperatures, and comfort issues.
- Long-Term Reliability – With its low-speed operation, there is less wear and tear on key heating system components.
Contact Us About Modulating Furnaces
Modulating furnaces are a worthwhile investment, and the experts at Barbosa Plumbing & Air Conditioning can offer their expertise and install your furnace correctly and efficiently. We are a Carrier Authorized Dealer and can provide the best equipment with exceptional customer service.
For more information on our other heating and air conditioning services, contact us at 214-351-7030 or online.